Ajith Kumar born on the 1st of May 1971 is very popular in Tamil Cinema. 3 Filmfare best actor awards have been conferred upon him. Initially, he started his career in a Telugu film Aasai as a supporting actor. Later on he was seen in films like Aval Varuvala, Kadhai Kottai, Kadhal Mannan, Citizen, Kandukondain Kandukondain, Mugayaree , Vaali, Veeram, Arrambam, Mankatha, Billa, Varalaru, Attagasam, Villain, Dheena and Amarkalam.
This article is an Infographics created by TamilQueens for Ai fans! In this infographics, we show you mind blowing facts about Shankar’s Ai – the costliest movie ever made in India. Facts about Ai is as interesting as the movies trailer! Read them
Note:- You are free to distribute this infographics about Ai on your blogs, website and forums. If you like our effort, please consider giving us a credit link from the published page. We have provided an Embed Code below for easy integration of the graphics in any website/blog.
Embed this AI Infographic in your website Select Code
TOP FACTS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT SHANKAR’s AI – The Movie
1. Ai – is the most expensive and big budget Indian Movie ever made @ 185 Crore as its Cost!
2. Shooting started on 15th July 2012 and the total time took for Ai so far is 2 Years and 8 Months – i.e 974 Days!
3. Special Effects and Background Arts are handled by Weta Workshop – the same Company which did Special Effects for giant movies like Avatar, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and King Kong
Vikram and I
- Shankar had none other than Vikram in mind to play the hero role of I – named Lingsan
- Vikram appears in 4 different getups – as a stylish young macho, a beast and a disfigured creature
- Vikram has reduced his weight upto 45Kg for the first half of the movie!
- Vikram was kept in an isolated fridge and was fed through a tube during the shoot. A doctor was appointed 24/7 to monitor Vikram’s health.
- Vikram gained 110Kg for the second half of the movie!
- It took 12 hours of continous makeup on Vikram to get the beast appearance to perfection!
- Initially Asin, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra were under consideration for heroine role!
- Finally Samantha Ruth Prabhu got lucky with the selection! But she backed out of the project failing to commit long dates for the project!
- Later Amy Jackson was brought in and she pledged almost 2 Years for the project. She was paid around 1 Crore for her dates.
- Peter Heins – the celebrated stunt director backed out of the project owing to large number of dates! He was commmited with Baahubali (by SS Rajamouli)
- Later Shankar brought in Yuen Woo-ping as Stunt Director – who directed action scenes for movies like The Matrix, Kill Bill, Kungfu Hustle etc.
Other facts about I
- Ai is supposed to release on 3000 Screens world wide!
- Ai will be released in 5 languages - Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, English and Chinese
- Satelite rights for Ai in Telugu was sold for 30 Crore Rupees!
- Media rights of Ai was bagged by Jaya TV for 20 Crore Rupees!
- First Teaser of I crossed 1 Million views in just 12 Hours – The first Indian Movie Teaser to hit 1 Million views in 12 hours!
Vikram is undoubtedly the most dedicated and hardworking actor in Indian cinema. Do you have any idea of the pains he had gone through to get his looks to perfection in Shankar’s I – the movie ? From his normal weight to 45Kgs and then straight to 110 Kgms, Vikram has achieved a humanly impossible task! Read about his struggles for Ai!
Vikram’s Humanly Impossible physical transformation for the movie ‘I‘
Vikram’s upcoming film I directed by the most popular director Shankar is the most anticipated films of the year. Vikram is likely to appear in various get-ups in the film and he has put in strenuous efforts to justify his role in the movie by losing and gaining weight as and when required for the script. The script demands it for he is playing different get- ups in the movie.
Vikram is said to be playing a role of a body builder in ‘I’. Vikram tends to transform from a lean look to a fully toned look in a particular scene and that seems to be the highlight of the movie. For this role he had to really work hard both ways, losing weight and at the same time gaining weight for the highlight scene of the movie. Body builders in Chennai and other parts of India were recently invited and Shankar has shot a particular competition scene for the film along with them.
Vikram’s Body building – The story of his weight loss and weight gain in ‘I’
For the shooting of one of the songs, Vikram managed himself to gain a lot of weight to reach 110 kg so as to enable him to wear bulky outfits for the song. In the initial half of the movie, Vikram plays his role with a physique of 50kg weight and appears in a bulky role with 110 kg in the second half. Director Shankar has produced an exclusive promotional video on the weight loss and weight gain aspect of Vikram. Vikram’s special make-up needed about 12 hours in order to be good enough for filming and he had to stay inside a specially made refrigerator for several minutes to hours over the shoot to condition the make-up. Besides, Vikram went bald for the movie so as to suit some requirements of the script.
Vikram had an awesome transformation with dedicated workout schedules and diet management. The actor started the campaign for the film way back in 2012 as soon as the director narrated the story of the movie to him.
1 Doctor – 1 Physiotherapist and 2 Dietitians – The 4 Member Team 24×7 for Vikram
Vikram had a four member team of competent and experienced professionals to supervise him in the weight loss and weight gain. Mr. Bharath, one of the team members, has been in charge of the actor’s diet management and workout schedules. The other two members, Joseph and Vidya Sagar (Physiotherapist), supervised the execution of the tight workout schedules. Vikram followed an exclusively fiber based diet containing imported fruits from various countries.
Best European protein supplements were included in the diet for effective gain in body weight. The diet choices and the dietary scheme were organized systematically in synchronization with the exercise schedules to obtain maximum benefits. The body heat developed due to hectic workouts and diet had to be controlled with periodic head massage with oil.
Shankar’s ‘I‘ is nearing the finishing stage and fans are eagerly waiting to have the glimpses of their favourite actor sporting the looks of a young man and a middle aged person. The actor’s transformation in physique for this movie is an amazing feat worth appreciation in no uncertain words.
In this gallery, we feature exclusive photos – official posters, images and wallpapers of upcoming Tamil movie – Ai – starring Vikram in lead role.
The much waited movies teaser is out! Its a stunner! Expect the waves of miracle created by Anniyan.
Movie – I
Director – Shankar
Producer – V. Ravichandran
Starring – Vikram, Amy Jackson
Music – A. R. Rahman
Cinematography – P. C. Sreeram
Editor – Anthony
Banner – Aascar Film (P) Ltd.
Music Label – Sony Music Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd.